Monday, December 14, 2009

Malgudi Days by R.K Narayan, reviewed by Pradyumn Bangera

Malgudi Days by R.K Narayan

Reviewed by
Name: Pradyumn Bangera
School: Delhi Public School, Vasant Vihar

‘Malgudi Days’ is a very interesting and adventurous story by R.K.Narayan who is a very renowned author. ‘Malgudi Days’ was one of the stories that gripped my mind right from the start till the story ended. When I started reading the book, I felt as though I could completely relate myself to Swaminathan and his friends.
One of the characters that intrigued me the most was Swaminathan. There were various adjectives that could be associated with him like he was mischievous & not very studious but at the same time you could call him smart and clever. For me, the part where Swaminathan and his friends form the Malgudi Cricket Club was the highlight of the book as I am also a big fan of cricket just like Swaminathan.
The part, which I thought changed my perspective towards the story, was when Swaminathan lies to his grandfather, misbehaves in front of his teacher and breaks his grandmother’s window. If I were the author of this story, I would have made Swaminthan a sincere and an obedient boy. Children who read this story get inspired by it and what he did was not very nice. But in the end, I thought it was an amazing and a wonderful story.

No comments:

Post a Comment