Monday, December 14, 2009

The Girl with the Broken Wing by Heather Dyer, reviewed by Anusha Rwat

The Girl with the Broken Wing by Heather Dyer

Reviewed by
Name: Anusha Rawat (8 years)
School: Venkateshwar International School, Sec-10, Dwarka, New Delhi


In my summer vacation, I read an interesting book called “The Girl with the Broken Wing”. I bought it from a book fair. I liked the book very much.

This book is about an angel named Hilary and sweet twins, James and Amanda. One rainy night, James and Amanda were sleeping when they heard something crashed on their roof and then someone knocked at their skylight. They were surprised to see a girl wearing white dress and one of her wing was broken. She introduced herself as Hilary. James and Amanda were confused about who she is and why she is here.
The angel, Hilary, sleeps on their sofa and snores a lot. James thinks that she cannot be an angel. Amanda is certain that they have discovered an angel.
Hilary is whiny, thoughtless and stubborn girl. In one adventure, she decided to fly James and Amanda around in a sling made from a sheet but discovered she's not as strong a flyer as she thought. Hilary trails the twins on field trips and to school, and even steals James's spotlight in the local Christmas pageant. Hilary was eager to share in the twins' daily activities, so different from her own life at home.
I enjoyed the flying scenes which were thrilling. I liked the angel who longs to live like a regular kid. I will ask all my friends to read this interesting and adventurous book.

No comments:

Post a Comment