Monday, December 14, 2009

Matilda by Roald Dahl, reviewed by Annaika Ahuja

Matilda by Roald Dahl

Reviewed by
Name: Annaika Ahuja (10 years)
School: Raghubir Singh Junior Modern School, Humayun Road, New Delhi.

Matilda is an extraordinary child with wondrous intelligence, who is unfortunately neglected by her parents as they are too wrapped up in their own lives. To find out how she gets the better of them and her spiteful principal-Miss Trunchbull, as well as discovering that she has a very special power, I recommend people to read this book.

Matilda, a modern fairy tale has a blend of good and bad characters. It is a story of Matilda growing up. I relate well to the book as like Matilda, I too love reading books. I would like to be as good as Matilda in mental arithmetic. The strength and courage that she shows is worth emulating. Her pranks full of mischief make me roll with laughter. The author Roald Dahl deals with children’s books so wonderfully that I too want to become an author when I grow up. Matilda’s triumph over the nasty people in her world, through her intelligence and special powers always bring a smile on my face whenever I read Matilda.

No comments:

Post a Comment