Monday, December 14, 2009

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer, reviewed by Akanksha Ahluwalia

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Reviewed by
Name: Akanksha Ahluwalia
School: Presentation Convent Sr. Sec. School, New Delhi

Yes, I'm one of those twilight people.
I have to admit when i first read about Stephanie Meyer's novel Twilight i thought it was another boy-meet-girl teen love story, but I was urged to read it. Isabella "Bella" Swan moves from Phoenix to spend some quality time with her dad in Forks. There she meets the very handsome and gorgeous vampire "Edward Cullen". Edward saves her life but Bella is hell bent on knowing how he did it. Their relationship improves when Edward confesses the whole truth and yet again saves Bella form the other vampire (James) who thirsted after her blood. As Shakespeare knew, love burns high when thwarted by obstacles. Bella adores the beautiful vampire and he loves her in return, throughout the book Mrs. Meyer had kept the suspission that since Edward was very much drawn to Bella's scent, he might just as well kill her in a tender moment. Twilight is one of the most wonderfull story that any new author can think of, Stephanie Meyer begins with an all-but-familiar plot of a new girl in school and the challenges, but as the reader goes on its very difficult to keep the book down. It is one of the most moving book i have ever read in a long time, it made me think about the vampire concept and how everything people think is evil can have a good side. It has a heartbreaking romance and suspenseful twists that had me licking at the pages. Twilight caught my interest so much that I recommended it to almost all the people I knew. The character sketch of each person in the book is out standing, the main character Bella Swan was very easy to like and realte too, Edward on the other hand was written to be mysterious and captivating with his extraordinary beauty and his love for the plain and simple Bella. The book is thousand fold better than i expected, the love feels so real and at it's heart, it's more of a love story that connects the mortals to the immortal. All in all this book can make the teens go wild as already witnessed and the story is quite unbelieveable. I hear people go "Who wants to be a Princess? I want to be a vampire." And yes I come in that catagory too. Twilight is an amazing blend of action, romance, fiction and love. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants a fiction with loads of suspense with a twist of love. Take my advice and read this book, it will definitely persuade you to read the next three parts New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn, it convinced me and now I thank God every day for giving me Stephanie Meyer and Edward Cullen.

No comments:

Post a Comment